With Shaz and Jude

Sunday 24 June 2012

Mona Vale to North Narrabeen



With Shaz not feeling great we stayed close to home this morning and did one of my favourite tracks and one that we have already reviewed – South Mona Vale to Narrabeen via Warriewood and Narrabeen Headlands. I run this track a couple times a week and never tire of it – it has it all – spectacular views of all the beaches from Mona Vale to Narrabeen, a great track through bushland and a few hills and stairs to really challenge yourself. I always think to myself how fortunate I am to have this all at my doorstep and how brilliant it is to out there making the most of it.
Starting off at Mona Vale Hospital we headed south along Narrabeen Park Parade, down to Warriewood beach to join the track which goes up through Warriewood Headland, past Turimetta Beach, past the houses to the bottom of the hill and up and around the Narrabeen headland and down to North Narrabeen Rock Pool car park. Then it was onto our breakfast stop on the other side of the bridge.

AJ’s Café

This café on Ocean Street near North Narrabeen Surf Club was our breakfast stop this morning and I would have to say I left disappointed. It looked promising – the menu had all the standard breakfast dishes, the waitresses were hovering and a table in the sun beckoned. Shaz made the better choice of muesli with fruit and yoghurt which was really nice. I had the omelette with spinach and fetta which looked pretty sad and uninspiring – and it was – it was overcooked and tasteless! The bacon, eggs and  other dishes served to other tables looked pretty good so I left feeling slightly cheated. At least the coffee was good, though we won't be back for breakfast in a hurry!

Jude's thought for this week

I can't help noticing that the waitresses uniform de jour is the short shorts which seem to get shorter as the legs get longer and stronger. I am glad that as a mother of sons I don't have to confront girls fashion issues! The boys are bad enough with their pants half way down their backside. I will be glad when this fashion changes. I have always thought that in 15 or so years when they look back at themselves they will be just as mortified as I am looking back on old photos of me in shoulder pads with huge hair.

Our reviews
South Mona Vale to Narrabeen
difficulty:                        moderate
distance:                        6 km return
time taken:                    2.25 hours (including breakfast)                  
parking:                          On street at Mona Vale Hospital or nearby
worth doing:                  definitely
dog friendly:                  Dogs are not allowed on headland trails. You can avoid trails and walk on the adjacent roads.

water and toilets available at the Warriewood ad North Narrabeen beaches.

AJ’s Cafe
food:                                good
service:                           good
ambience:                        ok
would we go again:         probably not

No comments:

Post a Comment